25 April 2006

#4130

Today was a lovely bus day - lots of riders and much talk. It began with Dave and the driver recalling the gun event from Friday - I guess the police gave the driver a hard time for bringing the gun to them. He said they told him he should have left it where it was and called them to come get it. With the police, it seems you almost never do it correctly. Oh well, it's over and today our lives continue.

The big hair lady got on, sat next to me and, sadly, smelled heavily of smoke. My hopes for her rehab are dashed and I won't travel down that road again. I sure don't understand how she could have been so aromatically pristine and now returns to full tar and nicotine? Maybe my olfactory system was acting up one day? Why must I assume it's her and not me? Good point.

Two young men got on the bus, dressed in what used to be called "Goth" - not sure if that phraseology is still used these days. The one guy was wearing a long black coat, similar to a duster, but the top was more buttoned and military-like. It was quite stunning and eventually he sat down next to me. I wanted to ask him about it, but thought he might think I was a crazy old woman. Finally, I just couldn't resist and asked him where he got the coat. He advised a friend in London designed it for him and I told him it was just beautiful with wonderful lines. He seemed quite pleased, and the women across the aisle joined in, telling him how nice it looked. As my stop neared, I started to gather my things and he asked if this was my stop. I told him it was and he told me to have a good day. It was a very pleasant exchange and made me vow to be less hesitant to tell people when I like something. I feel good when someone gives me positive feedback and I think he must have liked it, too. Nothing builds the confidence like having strangers compliment you.

Image today is a night view of Las Vegas. Be sure and click on the image to see the big picture. Leaving tomorrow morning for LV and will return Friday afternoon. Celebrating Ann's birthday and no place is more fun for that than Las Vegas. Be back at the blog on Monday.

No comments: