05 April 2006

#4150

Got the number today and that's about all worth documenting. It was an extremely "normal" day, ridership was up a bit, but none of the excitement from the fall. Maybe people will get more active as the weather heats up? Seems opposite of what I would expect, but I can't figure out the lethargy and lack of riders. It's getting lighter at 6am and full light when I get off the bus - maybe as the sun travels higher, more people will start to ride. The woman with the big smoke-smell hair was back today. I caught a whiff of the ciggie - yuck! She sat across from me, so thankfully I wasn't enveloped in the aroma. All hope that she gave up the fag is gone - oh well.

Talk about regular, though. Yesterday, Dave and I were discussing his new teeth (?!?!?) and forgot to pull the cord for the stop. Our dear, regular driver, however, stopped anyway. It was so nice and I thanked him profusely for taking care of us. Also, I noticed a new addition to the bus hardware - overhead straps! A nice touch for the shorter crowd when conditions require us to stand. As you can see, I took a photo.

No comments: