04 April 2006

#4128

This feels like a new number - one gets intuitive about these things after a while. Archive dive - still needs to be done.

Nice day on the bus, ridershipwise. All the early regulars plus a few semis who are starting to appear more often. The photo day guy was there yesterday and today - maybe a new regular is being born? Remember the big hair woman who smokes? She got on today and sat next to Dave. Of course, he smokes, so he wouldn't notice the aromatics floating off her hair; although, I must say I didn't notice any smell when she got on and I pick up smoke icky very quickly. Maybe she quit? That would be nice. Newspaper guy and bicycle guy were chatting Final Four with one of the semi regulars. So nice to hear the buzz of sports talk - it's a great diversion. Not depressing or agenda-based like politics or religion, just something in which to be interested that doesn't really matter.

The real talk of the day was from Dave. He has a new partial plate and it took over his conversation. I remember when the braces went on - every thought focused on the strange feelings in the mouth, so I'm sure he'll think about it until the plate settles in and he forgets he has it. I took some photos on the bus, but, in the end, I have to honor Dave's new teeth.

No comments: