06 April 2006

#4126

Well today's bus had the new straps, too. Must be installing them on all the 4100 class craft. I'm thinking this means there won't be new buses for the routes that use the smaller 4100 series. I guess that's OK as long as they make small improvements and upgrades. Our ridership on 66 isn't huge, but we're bygod faithful.

Nice mix of the old and new today - at one point there were six women and four men. Nice to have equal gender representation. Smoke hair woman was there again - she's working on becoming a regular. There were two young women who have ridden several times in the past two weeks. They get on at one stop and get off at the next. I'm always disconcerted when people do that - why don't they just walk down to where they get off? Most stops are less than a quarter mile apart - that's like walking around a track one time, only less! Wish I felt like I could ask someone. I don't really care, but am curious at the thinking process. Do they even realize they are getting on and almost immediately getting off? I do think in this age where we are such slugs and could use all the exercise we can get, why not walk that extra bit? A little of it every day would be so good for us.

We did have an unusual event today - a disabled rider joined us on Mill. I've been with lots of disabled passengers on the rides home, but this is my first ever pick-up of a scooter enroute to work. She must park her scooter a lot, as she whipped right into the little parking space on the bus and only made two tiny adjustments. Remember the shouting lady and the 3,000 maneuvers? - whew! Made a picture today about walking and slugging - pretty gross.

No comments: