03 April 2006

#4122

Been a few days - took a long weekend trip so no bus ride on Friday. Saw a Greyhound while on the road and saluted in honor of bus riding in general. Not sure I'd want to do cross country on the bus; although, went from Dayton, Ohio to Toronto, Ontario on a coach, and it was quite comfortable. If the 66 had buses like that ... wow - I'd just ride - never get off. Guess that's what they fear.

Today's ride was a potpourri of regulars, regular irregulars and newbies. Not a lot of people but a pleasant mix. I was tucked into my usual corner and a woman got on and sat in the front seat next to me. And I mean she sat next to me. The whole seat was open but she snugged herself into the seat in a way that she oozed into my space. The front seats are higher than the others because they are over the wheels. This means her hips were positioned right at my shoulder/chin level, and she had some advanced hips. I sat my ground at first, but eventually wanted to separate myself from her, so I ooched ever so slightly to the left. It's a delicate balance, reacting to things we don't like but doing it so as to not be obvious. Exhausting to do - exhausting to write about. Nothing struck me worth creating an image today, so I'll include a picture of Gypsy (aka Kitty Con Carne), the felonious feline owned by my daughter-in-law, Leez, and her husband (my son), Mike.

No comments: