14 April 2006

#41 ... uh oh

Well shoot, I looked but didn't write the number in my book. Oh well, it was an unusual day and when the story is revealed, all will be forgiven.

Yesterday on the bus, Dave mentioned that he was looking for a particular song to add to his online media class blog - "Life by the Drop" by Stevie Ray Vaughn. I have some SRV and knew where to look for more, so told him I'd see what I could do. It was amazingly easy to find and I emailed it to him - piece 'o cake. Pleased at receiving the song, Dave asked if I wanted to catch the 5:30 bus this AM and he'd take me to IHOP for breakfast as a thank you. Sounded like a grand plan to me, and that's what we did. By getting off one stop earlier than usual, we just walked straight up the Apache access road to the restaurant. Breakfast was good and I was in place and working by 6:45.

There were only four of us on the bus including the driver. We had a lively discussion about the different Valley transit companies and the addition of light rail. I thought we were a rather erudite group for a 5:30am gathering. As much as I love regularity, it's good to break up the routine occasionally.

No comments: