01 May 2006

...duh....

Well, take a few days off and the brain goes to pond scum. Completely forgot to look at the number. Oh well. It felt good to be back on the bus and I'm very pleased at the number of regulars now riding. Smoke hair lady (darn smoke) has been there very frequently and two other women are now quite regular riders. Gasoline has gone to $3 a gallon and that has to be some incentive to make use of public transport. I found that the longer I rode, the more I didn't want to drive. Each new encounter in the car with traffic makes the bus look so much more inviting. The bus can have its oddities and even unpleasantries, but nothing in this old world is perfect and the bus sure beats driving in rush hour traffic.

Nothing very exciting took place today, although smoke hair lady and I are exchanging words more often. The bus suddenly made a very loud, very strange noise and we both were quite startled. I thought a wheel fell off and she thought the brakes exploded. Turned out it was the microphone when the driver decided to announce the intersections. The whole ride the driver was quiet and suddenly, at Broadway, decided to announce. I think she blew into the microphone and that was the loud noise. Smokey and I laughed and talked about it a bit. A minute later, Dave said something about Daisy Duke's and I told him it was no longer there. As she was leaving the bus, Smokey told me the new name of the bar that replaced DD's and smiled. Interesting lady. For today's image I put the word "regular" into Google and searched images. The most popular return was regular polygons and this is a picture of Delica beads done in a pattern of regular polygons. I guess each of those shapes could be a bus rider - each slightly different, but all lined up and riding the bus.

No comments: