05 May 2006

#4135

Well, no SRO today, but still nicely full and many, many repeaters. Just heard on NPR that Arizona's gas prices are higher than the national average, so wonder if that is adding to our ridership. Scottsdale tops out at $3.14 a gallon - whew!

Interesting discussion today - Dave is contemplating piercing. He asked if I ever heard of "industrial piercing." I told him I hadn't and wasn't sure if I wanted to ... apparently he is seriously thinking about an industrial style piercing of his ear to celebrate his graduation next spring. He wants a bar that extends through two sides of his ear (see photo) and he hopes to have it in the shape of Sparky's pitchfork. Seems a bit aggressive to me, but whatever floats your situation, I guess. Big hair lady was sitting next to Dave and told us about a guy she saw in the store who had a series of barbell piercings running down the center of his bald scalp - a kind of metal mohawk. She said it was quite unusual and I know if I'd seen him, I would have wanted to touch it. It was a lively discussion and so nice that she joined in. We're becoming a group, I believe. Too bad it's an early morning crowd. If this was a late afternoon ride home, we'd be stopping for margaritas by summer's end.

No comments: