08 May 2006

#4153

A little late posting today. Working hard at getting the new web pages up for the college re-naming and fussy stuff like bus blogs can't interfere. Need a break from the tedium of HTML, however, so will post a bit about today.

Again the bus was nicely populated and the repeaters are really working on becoming regulars. There are three people who have ridden as steadfastly as anyone the last couple of weeks. I still won't bestow the "regular" moniker until after a couple of months, but it's looking good for them. Of course, they could bail out if the gas prices ever retreat. Never have understood what makes the prices of fuel rise and fall - not convinced the old "supply and demand" principal is at work here. Whatever, I really enjoy not being in a car among the crazy Valley drivers and am considering taking exploratory trips on the weekends to see just where I can get to on the bus.

Engineering Guy was there today - geez he's entertaining. His best words today were "ductile fracture" and "crack propagation." The uninitiated might think he was discussing street drug distribution - crack propagation????? I am currently obsessed with chain stitch embroidery (thank god I got obsessed about something in art - thought I had burned out and lost interest). Anyway, I have a small piece I'm working on that I carry with me on the bus. Thought I'd scan it - not finished - so you could see how I occupy my hands during the ride.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Febber,
Im engineering guy (Mike). What a fun blog. If you would like I can put links to references about the phrases. What do you think?

Unknown said...

EG!!!! You found the blog! This is just too cool. I would be proud to post links to your wild and crazy phrases. You supply 'em and I'll link 'em. This is just too cool!