18 May 2006

#4152

What a fun day on the bus! Got on and newspaper guy was in situ as well as a man who has ridden a couple of times before. He wears a purple polo-style shirt with a logo or emblem on the left breast area and I think his shirt holds a clue to his daily occupation. Sadly, my eyes are bad and I'd have to do a serious stare-thing at his chest to make a proper identification. Unfortunately, a casual-sauntering-by isn't an option on the bus, so will have to figure out some other shirt-reading methodology if he returns. After bicycle guy got on, NG asked me about my web work. Instead of hollering across the bus, I moved to the "brain trust area" - joined the upper crust (literally). All the seating past the back door is elevated two steps up - it's over the wheel area and I think they keep the whole area up to accomodate engine parts and things. Anyway, it's nice back there, I just never got in the habit of riding there in the morning. Enjoyed a nice chat with NG and BG and learned I missed a city voting opportunity this past Tuesday. Got a card in the mail and knew something was up, but I confess I avoid the news like the plague and am woefully out of touch with things municipal. NG works for the city of Tempe so perhaps I'll become better informed about local issues. Just think, the bus is becoming a kiosk on wheels. I sketched a bus layout so you could envision the brain trust area.

No comments: