17 May 2006

#4131

Took a few days off and then yesterday was just too busy to blog. Things are really slow on the bus, so will probably be more discriminating and write when it's worthy. Today was really sparse. There were a total of nine people who used the bus while I was on it today. Newspaper guy, bicycle guy and goatee guy (he's been around for awhile, but I just never had reason to comment about him) sat in the upper back "brain trust" area; I was in my usual midline seat and the two new repeater-almost-regular ladies were in the front seat. There was a new man who got on and quickly got off and then, a couple of interesting ones - the street workers. At least I call them street workers as they are dressed as our street department people dressed when I worked for the city of Kettering in Ohio. They had white hard hats, work boots and carried shovels. This happens periodically - some worker-type person gets on the bus with a tool, rides for awhile and gets off. These two had transfers and got off at Southern, so must have been headed east or west. I don't know why I think they work for the city other than the dress and the tools. I can't see the city sending them around on the bus, but then again, who knows? These guys didn't have an approachable facade, but the next time one does, I'm going to ask. Decided to try and take pictures from my view at various stops. Today is from the stop at Broadway and Mill, facing west, looking at Tempe Union High School.

No comments: