27 February 2006

#Unknown

Forgot to look today - had a long weekend and it was difficult to get organized this AM. Dave was talking about his police ride along on the Indian reservation and it distracted me from bus details. Oh well, can't be extra sharp all the time. A good number of riders today, but not many were regular. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I was the only female on the bus except for the driver. An all-male cast of characters - women are usually in the minority on the morning bus, but can't remember that I've ever been the only woman. Cause celebre? I think not.

Could have used a bus yesterday. Coming back from Sedona and a very bad accident on I-17 blocked the highway from New River for over 40 miles. Anne and I decided instead of sitting in the car for 3+ hours we would backtrack and go home via Prescott. It took us just over 4 hours to go back and then do the winding, switchbacks in the mountains through Prescott and down onto the valley. It was very scenic, although I would rather do it under more desirable circumstances. The accident involved a van, meant to carry 9 people that was carrying 13 and it blew a tire, flipped over and slid. The fatality was a 23-month-old who was not restrained, just sitting on his mother's lap. A miracle others weren't killed. A hard lesson, that one. No picture today.

No comments: