14 February 2006

#4136

Well, be careful what you wish for ... yesterday I longed for the regulars and today - voila! Even the engineering guy was there - he actually was on the bus before I got on - that was a new procedure. He was already bending newspaper guy's ear about something non-engineering - sounded like he was defending gays, lesbians, etc., via email at the community college, but since I only heard the middle of the conversation, I hate to speculate. Later, after bicycle guy got on, engineering guy discussed his classes this semester - flow mechanics, data analysis - and it was music to my ears. Sounded just like old times. In honor of engineering guy's return, I created and included a little image. It's physics, but gets the job done. The man I said was a semi regular was back - he doesn't do anything that gives him an obvious identifier. He's just a man - I guess I'll refer to him as semi regular guy until something else clicks. There was even a young man back riding who gets off at ASU - he used to wear a uniform - similar to what the Fine Host servers wear - he didn't have that on today, so wonder if he changed jobs. Be curious if he returns. One of the regular women was back, too. Gloriosky it was a regular kind of day.

Dave said he left his folder on the bus yesterday afternoon. By the time he realized it was gone, the bus company's lost and found was closed. Wonder if he'll get it back? Probably nothing that someone wants to keep, but you never know. I bet their lost and found is quite interesting. The other day, a silver thing came sliding down the aisle as the driver gave my bus an extra quick stop. I got a foot on it, picked it up and it was a lip balm from Victoria's Secret. There had been quite a few high school girls on the bus earlier, so probably belonged to one of them. Bet she reached into her bag for it later and was disgruntled to find it missing. It was one of those small things that you just never know where you left it. Interesting how we collect things and carry our stash with us and then arbitrarily leave them around like a trail of bread crumbs. I went through a spell of leaving my purse behind - not cool. I seem to have broken that bad habit, but who knows when it might surface again. Good luck with the folder, Dave.

No comments: