02 February 2006

#4153

Wow, what a great blog day this will be. Hardly know where to begin. First, the bus, another 4100, yada, yada, yada. Getting to be really old news. Next, Dave didn't ride the bus today and when I got on, the driver (who appears to be the new fairly regular driver) said, "No sidekick today?" I laughed and said, "No". This driver gave us the disco palace moniker for our stop and now referred to Dave as a sidekick. It's just too much. I like this driver - hope he stays.

Next - there was some confusion yesterday about the photo of Tony Manero. Apparently some readers thought I meant to post a photo of Tony Manero from the movie and I really meant (and posted) a photo of my reflector. To clear up any misunderstandings, today's post has a defining picture of which Tony Manero is which.

Last - when I got on the bus there was one other person, a man who seemed out of place. My people radar sensed he was not a regular rider on any bus route and his sartorial statement supported that conclusion. He was maybe 51 or so and wearing a sweater, khaki slacks and running shoes and carrying a North Face back pack. It wasn't a student outfit and it wasn't a working man's outfit - it just didn't come together with distinct definition. A stop or two after Southern, another man got on and he, too, seemed unusually put together for a typical bus rider. He appeared to be about 61 or 62 and was wearing a jacket, slacks and trainers and had a ball cap, earphones and carrying a fully stuffed JanSport backpack. He seemed restless and yet eager. He got into his backpack, pulled out a bottle of lotion and applied some to his hands, his face and the back of his neck. It was then it clicked - the Phoenix Open! This guy was going to the golf tournament and he just put on his sunscreen. I'm pretty sure the other guy was probably going there, too. It completely explains their clothing and the backpacks and why they were even on the bus. I'm so proud of myself for figuring it out and proud of them for doing the bus thing to get there. Hope they have a wonderful time.

Haven't had that much to write about in weeks and weeks and weeks.

No comments: