17 February 2006

#41whatever ... again

It's not like it was a fascinating day on the bus - guess I've lost my edge, but I just keep forgetting to look at the number. I really think it was 4123 - I remember thinking the 23 was a reverse of 32 and 4132 is one of my first numbers. Sheesh! Skeleton crew riding today - newspaper guy, lady with the big coffee cup, bicycle guy, regular guy, regular lady. I think two non-regulars got on at Broadway and that was that. Never thought the numbers would drop like they have.

To fill the void when this bus blog gets boring, I must use personal stories heard on the bus. Dave told me about a conversation his son Lyn had with Dave's father, Bob. I guess Bob is snug with his words but, when he does speak, it can be hilarious. Lyn asked his grandfather if he had any health problems that Lyn should be concerned about inheriting. Bob said, "I drip." When Lyn asked him what he meant, he said his nose and eyes leaked, he drooled, etc., etc., etc. It's hilarious, but true. The older we get, the more liquids find their way outside our bodies - don't even want to discuss all the possibilities. Suffice to say, we laughed about it all the way onto campus. In honor of the discussion, I found an appropriate picture on the web. Wish I had a word blog - do you know how many ways the word "drip" can be used? Give it a Google Images search and see.

No comments: