13 February 2006

#4153

I'm really not checking repeater buses any more, so why am I still naming posts after the bus of the day? I'll have to think about this and respond to myself later. Today's ride was boring, but a bit of the charm from last semester surfaced for a moment. The newspaper guy was on and the bicycle guy got on at his usual stop. A little later, a semi regular fellow - can't think of an identifier for him yet - got on and the three of them were talking about the Olympics. It was nice to hear the sports talk in the background - took me back to early football season. The only character missing is the engineering student who could completely alter the tenor of the conversation with his overzealous use of inappropriate engineering terms. He was an annoyance and yet very entertaining. Most of all, he was regular - gosh how I miss the regulars.

Dave took the 66 from Scottsdale some time over the weekend and was telling of the driver who talked the whole way from 68th & Thomas to the stop at Juniper and Guadalupe. Dave said the driver announced every single stop and gave background and historical information on various buildings on the route. Said he wore gloves and used hand gestures to welcome people onto the bus and point out places and things. Dave said it would make a great blog story, so I might spend a Saturday riding the 66 and hope I get this driver.

No comments: