19 January 2006

#4132

Yeah, yeah, another 4100 bus, yada yada yada. When I first started this I was very intrigued by the numbers - so much for that fantasy.

Another cold morning at the bus stop - lots of clouds so it was a bit lighter, but still cold. Worst thing is, if you overdress for the AM, you have to haul the aggressive clothing home on the bus in the PM and it's way too warm to wear it then. I tried lots of little layers, but then I'm like Hansel and Gretel dropping bread crumbs - lots of small pieces falling behind me as I head for the bus stop in the afternoon. Whine, whine, whine, eh? I know - if this is the worst thing I ever have to deal with ....

Nowhere near the energy on the bus as fall semester. I'm thinking dark and cold are pulling people down. No crazy people, no crazy driving - very dull for a wannabe famous blogger.

Dave is taking the same bus as me since he got a student worker job that starts at 7am. He's driving a golf cart to pick up and deliver disabled students. Some of them are regular (boy, that word pops up everywhere) and some are temporary broken legs and such. We were talking about crazy cart drivers and he said he thought about the irony if he would run into and disable a person with the disabled transportation cart. We got almost hysterical laughing about it. I suggested he could purposely run over people and then they would need the cart - kind of a job security thing. In Ohio, we had a couple of volunteer firefighters who set fires on purpose so they could go on the calls and get paid - same thing, huh? Oh well, the conversation added spark to an otherwise dull, dull, dull ride.

No comments: