10 January 2006

#41??

Completely forgot to look at the number this am. I know it was a 4100 craft - just not which one. Guess it doesn't matter since I don't look for repeats right now. Very discombobulating start to the day - packed up my backpack then left without it. Didn't realize it until I was at the bus stop and it was too late to run home and not miss the bus. The only trauma is Sarah's birthday card is in the backpack, so she won't get it until late today. Bummer .... really wanted to have it for her at lunch. I might have thought of it earlier, but when I went out, the garage door was up. I had to go through, shut it and come back out again. Disconcerting as I know it was closed last night. I specifically remember closing it when I got home and later I walked and passed the house a hundred times and would have noticed if the door was up. Around 9:30 I thought I heard it go up and wondered if Sarah had stopped by, but she didn't come in and I figured I had imagined the noise. Guess not, but not sure what made it go up. I wonder if she's at the hand and hits the remote button... could the door raise from that distance? We might have to run a few tests to see just what is the range of the door opener.

Oh well, I digress - this is a bus blog. Another somewhat odd day on the bus. There were only four regulars and no one got off the bus until me. I was the first one off which is so rare as to be unheard of in my bus experience. There weren't a lot of riders, but usually someone gets on and then gets off two or three stops later. Everyone who did get on, stayed on and I felt like I was breaking a rule when I pulled the cord for my stop. It broke the silence and created reverse movement - really weird. The early morning dark bus rides have a surreal, Twilight Zone quality and then when things get a little sideways - whew - the universe is in full tilt.

No comments: