02 March 2006

#41uh oh ....


Crikey, again forgot to look for the number. It was an odd starting bus ride, so my timing was way off. Newspaper guy was on the bus as usual and he greeted both me and Dave when we got on - a full scale, "Hi guys". It was a first and he's the most regular of the regulars since I've been doing the 66. Then a bit later, when bicycle guy got on, he said hello and even asked Dave how his shoot went. I guess they must have ridden home together as I never heard Dave talk to him about photography. Dave will talk to anyone or anything at any time about his photojournalism work - he's very excited to be a student and loves what he's learning. Guess I should thank Dave - his verbosity about his school endeavors extends to the world and seems to result in bus greetings.

After the thrill of the greetings (we're almost a clan, now), it settled down to an almost normal ride. Two semi regular guys got on and ended up in back with newspaper and bicycle guys - the chatter was exhilirating. I like a talkative bus - feels alive. There's actually a stress to a silent ride. As if people aren't awake or they're deeply contemplative. Talking is energy. Think I'll make an attractive 66 logo for the beginning of the clan.

No comments: