21 March 2006

#4112

Hmmm...can't remember a 4100 bus in the teens - no time to archive dive, but I really don't recall anything under the 20's. Oh well, even with a new number the bus was the same as usual. They keep promising new buses, but I just don't think our little route is going to qualify - ridership (at least at 6AM) is minimal.

There was an older woman sitting on the same seat area I usually occupy. I could have sat down next to her, but decided to break with tradition and sit across from my usual self. This got weird for Dave as I sat where he usually sits and then he had to make a change of seat decision - domino effect of seat changing. Kind of fun - might change again tomorrow, even if my place is available. Later on in the ride we got some of the old regulars back, but I was wondering, what ever happened to Steve the Mechanic? There's an answer out there somewhere.

The ride was boring and Dave was talking blogs. Blogs, blogs, blogs. All the world has become a blog. I love writing my blog, but wonder if we aren't becoming a bit too information-rich? There's so much available to read, it's hard to know where to begin. I get to the point where I don't care and stop reading altogether. I used to love the bookmobile when I was kid. It was a mini-library on wheels and the selection was limited. However, it was quite possible to feel like you could read your way through it all. You knew which ones you had read and which ones were left to go. The regular library was almost too much - which book to choose? That's how I'm starting to feel about information and the Internet. Yowch - and that's how I earn a living. Best not bite the hand that feeds, eh? Made a timely, topical graphic for today.

No comments: