10 March 2006

#4122

Ah yes, I remembered again today. Perhaps the gray matter is beginning to focus. Hope so. Rode this one yesterday and was on it going home lsst night, too. While standing at the stop, a man on a bicycle rode up (more accurately he wove slowly up ...), stopped and asked if "one was coming soon?" I said, "I hope so" and he then asked me what was the next street. Assuming he meant major street, I told him Rural. He then asked if there was a restaurant there. I told him a Jack-in-the-Box and Burger King were on the corner. He said "Burger King?" with a question then got on the bike and rode ever so slowly toward Rural. I believe he ended up waiting at the next stop, got on the bus and then got off at Rural. He could have ridden there in the time he waited, but he was pretty slow on the bike and not very steady. Unusual ...

Bus ride started out as usual - greetings from newspaper guy and bicycle guy and soon we had a lovely complement of regulars and semi-regulars. Dave was regaling with Itulie stories - sure would like to visit that class and see him in action - sounds like a movie character and I bet he plays it that way. As Dave was talking, a man who I've seen before but not often enough to qualify for even semi-regularship, commented about Itulie's behavior and language. Dave said Itulie used to have a rubber stamp that said "garbage" and would put it on papers he deemed appropriate for refuse collection. Apparently Itulie stopped using it after receiving complaints from student's parents. The front seat guy said he would never get away with that or the language that Itulie uses. The guy implied he was an instructor but didn't elaborate and neither Dave nor I questioned him about who/what he taught. He wasn't expressing disbelief at what Dave was saying, just didn't think he could use the same tactics in his classroom. Wish I'd asked what he taught - he had a literature quality, but could be history or physical science - who knows? Maybe he'll be on the bus again and we can discover his role at ASU. He got off at Gammage Parkway and Mill and when we turned down Forest Mall, he went straight, past Student Services. For today I made a graphic of our discussion.

No comments: