22 November 2005

#whatever

Geez, another lost number. I'm so focused on reading my book, I forget to look at the bus number. Layout was the same as all the 4100s, so I'm sure it's one of those. The other day I was at a meeting on the second floor of the Foundation Bldg and seated right next to the window. I could look down on College Street where all the buses come and go. To my surprise, the bus numbers are painted on top of the buses, just like the movie, "Speed". Can't imagine anyone hijacking a bus on good old route 66, but I guess anything is possible in this world. Nice to know we could be found if lost.

Today's ride was unusual only in that no one spoke to anyone else. Usually there is some chatter between a couple of riders, but today was complete silence. About half the regular riders were on it, but none that converse. A different driver - haven't seen my old counterfeit printer friend for a couple of weeks. My riding has been sporadic, but I should have seen him if he was still on the route. Wonder if they purposely rotate the drivers? Avoids complacency, but it's nice when there's someone who knows what's going on - the driver looks for the regulars and makes small exceptions. Maybe that's what the bus company wants to avoid. Too bad if it is.

No comments: