03 November 2005

#4133

This might be a new bus. I see 4132 and 4134, but not the 33. Whatever, it looked like all the other 4100 series. Wonder if there are 4100 of them? Took some sewing on today to see if it increased the ride speed. Didn't feel it was as fast as the other day, so dodging furniture dolly man's questions must have been the real secret to a fast ride. Not sure I want to repeat that, though. Today's ride had lots of new people and lots of conversations. Especially interesting since I could keep my eyes on my work and listen extra hard. Had a substitute driver who knew a passenger and they chatted up a storm the whole way. The back of the bus was in full discussion - flu guy even moved from his usual corner seat and got up in the high back area. Lots of sports talk again until engineer guy got on - he actually used the word "capacitor" today - amazing. Ride had a very "hubbub" feel about it, but energizing, not exhausting. Glad, too, since I woke up at 2:45 am and never went back to sleep. Gonna be a long, long afternoon.

No comments: