28 September 2005

and #4151, again

Wow, this blog has gone to archives! Have to open them to see if we have repeats on some bus numbers. This one, 4151, is a repeat, but from a fairly recent trip. No odor today! No party animal, this craft. No undercover de-odoring necessary.

A lot of interesting new people riding today. Same time, same route, you just never know what you're gonna get. Regular driver seemed a bit more chipper, but still didn't engage in much conversation. Perhaps he was putting on his best for the new riders.

Sat next to a young black man who had a bandana on his head, tied underneath his hair in the back. I think he had dreads, but what I took to be hair coming from the back looked like 2-3" wide pieces of beautiful brown felt. I'm 99% sure it was his hair, and it took massive amounts of control to keep from touching it. He didn't seem like someone I could talk to - would have loved to say, "Pardon me, but can I feel your hair?" I think he might have decked me. It was so neat, though, and so wide and so flat and so textury. Geez I would have loved to touch it. My tactile side was in high gear with that stuff. It's the same tactile thing that gets me in trouble in museums. Gotta learn to look and not touch. Never expected such a compelling tactile experience on the bus.

No comments: