07 June 2006

#4152

This was a slightly odd bus ride. Newspaper guy and bicycle guy have been conspicuously absent for the last few days and this morning Dave and I decided to ride in the brain trust area on their behalf. It was a nice cloudy morning so I sat facing east since there was no sun to blast my retinas. I usually face west, which is looking across traffic at the opposite side of the street. Facing east, I could see the bus stops and the "same side" that the bus travels. Nice change-o-pace. It was odd not only because of where I sat, but because Dave and I were the only passengers until just before Southern when the cat lady boarded. The driver even commented on the lack of riders. Don't know what's up, but it sure makes for a quiet ride. I like buzz and hubbub on the bus - not to be found these past few days. It's been unusually hot, but I'm not seeing a correlation with low ridership. Oh well, just like life, it's peaks and valleys.

Today's image is in honor of cat lady and Broadmoor lady (I don't like calling her "Broadmoor" as it could be taken in multiple ways, but nothing else fits right now - I'm working on it ...). These two are my repeater-almost-regular riders and today I bestow upon them the title "regular". They have been faithful to the 66 long enough to earn the crown. Congratulations ladies and welcome to the club.

No comments: