14 October 2008

Back on the bus blog

No posts since August - bad blogger. The semester started, work got crazy busy - no time for writing and once home, who wants to look at a computer screen some more?!? Just this week things seem more settled and bus blogging returns to my radar.

In a feeble attempt to add some daily exercise, I now try to walk and pick up either the 72 or 66 bus at Guadalupe and Rural. A mile from home, it takes about 20 minutes to get to the stop - time depends on shoes and weather. If I don't muster the energy in the morning, then I ride the 72 in the afternoon and walk home from the same intersection. I could take the 66 in the afternoon and accomplish the same thing; however, the route goes within 1 block of home and I find it difficult to get get off the bus before necessary. Possessing a serious OCD need for direct path travel, my brain just won't accept early disembarkation without cause - I know, I know, walking constitutes cause, but my brain won't go there yet. Stay tuned, the walk might overcome the obsession.

2 comments:

cogidubnus said...

This is impressive stuff...you wouldn't catch me walking further than I had to in the mornings! (Mind you,I'm a brisk 7/8 minute walk away from the stop anyhow)...

Unknown said...

I appreciate that not everyone wants to add mileage to their journey. My 9-to-5 means sitting all day in front of a computer, so I must look for movement opportunities elsewhere. I find it hard to walk for the sake of walking, so having a destination makes all the difference. It also helps living in Arizona. It's not much fun during the high heat, but the rest of the year . . .