29 October 2008

#66.....

For reasons unknown, I stayed undercover too long this morning so I only walked as far as the 81N stop at Guadalupe and McClintock. It turned out well as we got one of the new, tube-like 6600 buses. I boarded and quickly realized I almost owned the bus - the third rider on, only two fellow passengers! Sat down and retrieved my camera for the rare opportunity to photograph a long row of empty seats. Turned out OK.

The seats didn't stay empty for long - two quick stops passed before other riders joined up. Morning riders on the 81N consist mostly of sleep-deprived students who nap or study while riding. Not too exciting, but then what do I bring to the party? Preferring the role of "l'observateur", I certainly don't initiate conversations. Oh well, who needs excitement in the morning?

2 comments:

cogidubnus said...

Wow now that length of sideways seats is certainly alien to the average UK bus traveller!

Unknown said...

I marveled at these when the 6600s joined the fleet and then realized the smaller 4100 class buses are all sideways seats -- only the very back seat faces forward. Guess the longer bus made this seem more grand and tube-like.