05 July 2006

#4143

Whew! Been awhile since the last post. Took some time away from work and no work means no bus. The 4th of July holiday is always good for extending the long weekend and I just took it a few days longer. Back to the grind and I am not finding it easy to return.

Return is the name of the game for the bus - today, Mark (AKA bicycle guy) came back for a visit. He changed to a later work schedule and we haven't seen him on the 66 for quite a while. He said today was only temporary riding status, but we'll see him around occasionally. Goatee Guy sat in the BTA with us all and we had an interesting discussion about an uncle of his who built a basement, after the fact, under his house. Guess the uncle collected lots and lots of guns and wanted a safe place to store and otherwise take care of his ordnance. Never know what you're going to talk about on the bus. Neither cat lady nor the Broadmoor lady got on today. They had been so regular, hope this means vacation time, just like me.

Made an image for commemorating the 4th of July. Went to Flo and only saw what fireworks were shooting up in the various towns between Flo and Tempe. That's one of the nice things about desert living - you can see for miles, including fireworks displays.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, I stumbled on here after my husband's friend told me about it. I just had to say hi, I'm from Dayton Ohio and been in AZ since 1986! Always good to see a fellow Ohio Buckeye floating around!

Susan

Unknown said...

How cool to hear from you! I love to know there are other Buckeyes in
the area - seems most of them go to Florida so Arizona versions of us
are rare. Thanks for saying hello.

Anonymous said...

my pleasure! my email is susanleonard2003@yahoo.com if ya ever want to chat.

i promise i'm not a stalker!
S