19 November 2008

#6421

Rode the 7:57am 81N today along with a minimum number of riders. Guess the new low gas prices encourage driving; however, ASU's parking space deficit remains the same so not sure where the cars end up.

Aromatics filled the bus today - whew! A woman got on and her smell preceded then followed her. I believe every bath and beauty product she used smelled of fruit or flowers and the cumulative effect almost knocked me over as she swept down the aisle. One must wonder if she suffers headaches and asks herself, why?

Just as my olfactory system began to recover, a young man boarded and I swear the air actually rippled from the waves of cologne/after-shave emanating from his person. Why does anyone need to use scent by the gallon? Alternative to bathing perhaps? He sat across from me, making escape from the intense aroma nearly impossible. Sanctuary does not exist on a bus. When we got off the bus at College, he walked down the street in front of me and the smell lingered, a half block away.

At least I think it came from him . . . might be infused in my hair and clothes - oh my.

1 comment:

Ken said...

These are great, or terrible, or great, or whatever. Notable, surely. They remind me of Bus Chick's list of bus fouls. Have you seen that list? It's fairly easy to find using Google.

Ken