13 October 2006

#4127

Haven't written in a few - not feeling so inspired lately and not sure why. Today is a Friday the 13th - some of my favorite days in the year. Don't forget to write your Law of Abundance checks!

Today's ride included a bit of a twist. Recently, a family regularly boards the bus between Price and McClintock. A father, mother, three small children and a folded stroller comprise their party and they always get off at Rural and Guadalupe. They usually sit in the very first seats - so noted because it requires a small climb over the stroller to get to the BTA. This morning, however, they filled the BTA (NG was not in situ) so I needed to make a quick seating decision. I plopped down near my original seat of choice and the ride continued. We got to Lakeshore and Guadalupe and a young man, regular rider, boarded. Since I occupied his "regular" seat, like me he faced a quick seating decision. He opted to plant across from me and the ride continued. I found myself wanting to get up into the BTA - I like riding on the bird perch with a view of the whole bus. I felt antsy and, almost, anxious. I sensed the young man didn't care much for his new digs, either. Once we turned the corner and dropped the family, I scooted up into the BTA and the young man popped across the aisle and into his standard space. Whew! A bit of an unsettling start to the day. So what was that about?

Walking from the bus stop to the office, my eyes were filled with the beginnings of one of Arizona's finest attributes - a lovely sunrise. A colleague once said that Arizona is the most beautiful place on earth, twice a day, sunrise and sunset. Believe me, that can be so true. Today's show wasn't overly spectacular, but the contrast of the light and the silhouettes of the trees grabbed my attention. Not in current possession of my regular camera, I used my phone camera. A bit weak, it still gives the idea. There are probably a gazillion Arizona sunrise/sunset pictures on the web and none of them do justice to the real thing. Still, we must try.

sunrise3
sunrise1
sunrise2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Been missing you and your vivid descriptions - trust the novelty inherent in mass-transit behavioural patterns hasn't worn off - I've spent over 20 years on the same few morning buses, peering over my book (not the same one - I 've managed a few over that time!) at the ever-changing ballet - some of the same faces I started with are STILL there (who's saddest, them or me?)...awesome pictures - they make bugger regis look very grey...

Anonymous said...

Wonderful posting and I too love the pictures (hmmmm but I also recognise the "B... R..." place mentioned above, which is fairly local to me here on the south coast of England!). Keep up the good work - hint, hint...looking forward to the next instalment too!